We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Manager to join our Livingston Early Learning and Childcare centre in Livingston. The nursery is located at Bankton Square, Murieston, Livingston EH54 9EY.
Our 131-place nursery has recently had a major refurbishment, featuring a large private garden which is suitable to all ages from babies, toddlers and preschool! We also have a mud kitchen, natural growing space and green woodlands! There is also a separate area for our children to use bikes, scooters and tricycles.
Our nursery is is conveniently located less than five minutes' walk from Livingston South train station and we offer onsite parking!
As a Deputy Manager, working with us, you can expect a competitive salary from £25,000 - £40,000 per annum, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Role model and monitor the delivery of rich play learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs.
* Ensure that the team are providing an enabling environment that is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision.
* Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver exceptional care and education and provide feedback to create a consistent approach of early years practice to include but not limited to regular 1:1's, Supervisions and appraisals.
* Designated Safeguarding Lead to promote the health, safety and welfare of children and employees and families in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures.
* Responsibility to make referrals to external agencies and regulatory bodies.
* Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
* Fulfil recruitment needs for the nursery as required aligned to the Safer Recruitment Policy.
* Provide new starters with tailored inductions to suit both local and internationally recruited new starters
* Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
* Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers to support the retention and ongoing occupancy growth.
* Post qualified experience of working within the Early Years sector
* Previous experience of working as a key person
* Room Leader (or equivalent) experience
* Full and relevant Level 3 and or above (equivalent) Childcare qualification
* Current Paediatric First Aid