Direct Response Employment Services are delighted to be supporting an expanding insurance firm in Chippenham in search for a compliance manager to join the team on a permanent basis.
This role will play a key part in the running of the business and therefore we are looking for a candidate who has knowledge or experience within the insurance market to be considered for this crucial role.
Key Duties of the role:
* Acting as the point of contact for all compliance and risk issues and to provide advice and guidance in the development and review of processes and procedures to ensure effective compliance.
* Assist in identifying, analysing and monitoring regulatory change that could impact the firm and its clients.
* Over view and orchestration of all policies that fall within the Compliance remit.
* Review and maintain the current Compliance framework and ensure it is effective and provide challenge accordingly.
* Follow up on non-conformities through to resolution, including a robust escalation process for highlighting and running non-adherence via the Senior Management Team.
* Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal regulatory risk controls and recommend improvements to the business, including identification of potential risks or gaps.
* Drive a robust compliance culture across the businesses working closely with senior leadership teams
* Link in with the Training Manager to co-ordinate compliance training and coaching across the business.
* Manage and maintain the compliance monitoring programme plan.
* Ensure that all regulatory and legal reports (including, but not limited to, FCA Returns) are prepared and sent on a timely basis.
* Conduct data protection information audit and impact assessments.
* Maintain a record of all data processing activities and categories of data.
* Oversee the approach to anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing.
* Lead on the Senior Manager and Certified Person Regime and horizon scanning for all other compliance and FCA initiatives.
To be considered for this role we are looking for someone with the following experience:
* Experience or knowledge within the insurance industry.
* Ideally 3 years within an FCA environment.
* Previous experience of working an a compliance manager or a similar role.
* A finance or quality assurance degree or any other related qualifications.
* A good communicator who is able to think on their feet and be a self starter.
* A good understanding of regulations and conduct risk management principles.
On offer is the chance to work for a company who are expanding year on year with an excellent salary package of up to £55,000 depending on candidate experience.
If you would like to find out more then please get in touch today for immediate consideration