We have an opportunity for a Childcare Tutor to join our team.Working on a part time, permanent basis, you will be required to work at our Derby centre for 2 days and Chesterfield centre for 1 day. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £18,000 - £28,000 per annum (pro rata) + a range of fantastic benefits.
Juniper are an independent established training provider who have been assisting young people to move forward and achieve for 35 years. Delivering Traineeships, Study Programmes and Apprenticeships we help young people across the country to take positive steps forward in their lives.
As our Childcare Tutor you will:
- Deliver BTEC First Certificate in Children's Care, Learning and Development - Level 2.
- To compile and assess BTEC (Employability) qualifications
- To deliver engaging and effective training sessions to groups
- To deliver English and Maths Functional Skills where appropriate- Ensure excellent attendance, retention and achievement
- To safeguard the welfare of all students, preventing radicalisation and promoting British Values
Health and well-being benefits we offer our people:
- JFit - this is a scheme where employees participate in an exercise of their choice for 45 minutes, for 3 times a week, over a year (April to March) and earn extra annual leave for simply taking part.
- Health Shields - Cash back on health needs, such as, dental, physiotherapy, eye tests and prescriptions.
- EAP - Our scheme to help any employees with any personal problems that may impact their health.
- Critical Illness Cover.
- Flexi Holidays - Including an extra day off for your birthday!
- Cycle to work - We offer the opportunity for all staff to participate in the fantastic Cycle to Work scheme.
Key responsibilities as our Childcare Tutor will include:
- Deliver excellent engaging, effective and innovative group training sessions to students
- Deliver training that meets criteria and standards for BTEC First Certificate in Children's Care, Learning and Development to study programme students
- Ensure that students work-skills are developed and that they are ready for working life by the time they leave Juniper
- Plan and facilitate engaging schemes of work
- Deliver Maths and English Functional Skills where appropriate
- Arrange and facilitate motivational visits/activities
- Conduct & use initial assessment effectively and set apprentices appropriate, but challenging, targets & goals.
- Assess apprentices' portfolios and provide regular supportive, developmental feedback
-Conduct and document meaningful reviews of apprentices.
Skills and abilities, we're looking for in our Childcare Tutor:
- Experience of delivering Childcare up to Level 2
- Experience of working in Childcare Industry
- Minimum Level 2 English and Maths
- Needs min Level 3 Childcare qualification
- To be able to deliver effective training sessions to groups
- Excellent communicator
- To be able to persuade & influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
- To be able to build rapport with target group and retain their attention during training sessions
- To work well under pressure
- To work to targets & deadlines
- Highly motivated
- Level 4 Teaching qualification
- Experience of delivering training to 16 - 18 year olds
If you would like to join our team as our new Childcare Tutor then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90593695