The Taxation team is responsible for dealing with various aspects of HMRC reporting across the business. This includes preparation and submission of various tax reports and claims for a variety of different periods. You will be trained in the process, and being part of, the continued accurate and timely submission of the HMRC returns and reports administered by the team.
Being actively involved in the preparation and submission of tax reports and repayment claims to HMRC across various products including both SIPPs and GIA/ISAs.
• The handling of one-off queries as they arise.
• Gain an understanding of the various teams across the business to ensure that all the required information is received to enable the submission of accurate tax reports.
• Deal with ad hoc technical queries as they arise from various business areas, with the support of the Taxation Consultants.
• Understand and support both existing and future project work in both a formal and more informal environment depending on the nature of the work being carried out.
• Promote client focus and develop strong relationships with both internal and external contacts.
• Ensure all work carried out is within the defined company policies and procedures as well as the Risk and Governance framework
• Conduct post-error analysis, taking necessary action to prevent re occurrence, with the support of the Taxation Consultants.
• Gain an understanding as to what is involved in providing accurate and timely reporting as requested.
• To have an awareness of the operational risks of the department including the Risk Register and Business Continuity Plan, escalating issues or changes and maintaining accurate information to support these.
• To ensure the Principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and 'ThinkInvestor' are adhered to at all times.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good knowledge of ISA product
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Good numerical skills
• A team player and able to work independently using your initiative
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent time management and the ability to work to deadlines
• Highly proactive work approach - think "outside the box" Desirable
• Finance experience (desirable)
• Experience of Microsoft Office
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Good communication skills both written and verbal, demonstrating the ability to communicate at all levels
• Able to analyse and interpret complex information and produce clear and concise reports
• Good level of persuasion, negotiation and influencing skills