Our Essex based client is looking to recruit to an experienced IT Service Desk Manager to manage an existing environment and redefine the structure to accommodate users working from home.
* Expert Knowledge of Service Desk standards and principles
* High awareness of Customer Care - the Service Desk is a high profile function and is the users' first point of contact
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
* ITIL principles and procedures
* Able to motivate staff and teach junior staff process and procedures
* Able to solve a high proportion of users' problems without referral
* High level of technical skills: hardware, software and networking
* Experience of managing a Service Desk function and team
* Excellent inter-personal skills: diplomatic and able to inspire users and team confidence
* Experience in producing performance reports for senior management
* Ability to work well under pressure and at a high work rate
* Demonstrable contribution to the delivery of successful projects
* Experience of operating systems and back end software, specifically Active Directory
* Able to lift and move equipment, e.g. PCs, (in line with H&S legislation)
* Project management
* Experience of staff supervision and appraisals
* Experience in continual service improvement of the Service Desk function
* Implementing change within the Service Desk function and wider organisation
* Undertaking internal and external service review meetings
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm but may need to work outside these hours, as required. Will be required to travel between Essex-based sites. Working from home is available alongside on-site working.
To find out more about this challenging and hugely rewarding role, please contact Keith Wilkins or send your CV for review.
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our specialist team and it does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships