Director of Advocacy & Public Affairs, Christian Charity, Oxfordshire c£55k
Fantastic opportunity exists at my Oxfordshire based Christian Charity client for a experienced Senior Communications Professional to lead the Media, PR and Advocacy team. As part of the charity's SLT, you will be responsible for ensuring that key influencers in Government, media, business and the church, are aware of what is happening and well informed and equipped to do something about it. The Director will lead the charity's work to influence the national conversation around the persecution of Christians globally and the importance of Freedom of Religion or Belief (FoRB) and will manage the Advocacy and Media and PR teams. This is a critical moment in the UK and Ireland for promoting FoRB, and the Bishop of Truro's Independent Review last year of FCO Support for Persecuted Christians raised the level of debate on this issue considerably.
You will be someone with significant experience in strategic leadership, media and policy who is passionate to strengthen the global church, agile in mindset, inspirational, and visionary. We are seeking a Director of Advocacy & Public Affairs who is visionary in their approach, innovative and bold in their planning, skilled and experienced, and creative and practical in their implementation to reach our growth goals.
• You will be able to motivate and inspire others through good leadership and management.
• Proven strategic leadership experience coupled with experience of developing and implementing an Influence strategy for a medium or large charity which led to increased awareness in political spheres and an expanded supporter base.
• Excellent understanding of the political systems within UK and Ireland.
• Strong understanding of UK and Ireland media and ways in which to work with the Media to influence context and public debate.
• Strong theological foundation - good knowledge of the Bible and how Biblical principles can underpin work in politics and the media.
• Brilliant networker.
• Excellent public speaker with good media skills - radio, TV, online.
• Skilled at writing and researching articles for a range of audiences including policymakers, media (news, features and commentary), supporter audiences and staff.
• Effective team leader with a track record for motivating and developing staff.
• Substantial experience of designing and running effective policy and advocacy campaigns to influence politicians and change Government policy within the UK.
• Proven experience of thought leadership with a track record of developing policy positions and influencing senior leaders in Politics and the Church.
• Strong experience of working with the media, both as a spokesperson on radio and TV, and to pitch ideas and obtain coverage.
• Substantial experience of leading a range of stakeholders to develop and implement organisational strategies around policy, advocacy, media and influence.
• Substantial experience of leadership and line management.
There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement under section 9 of the Equality Act of 2010 for the post holder to be an active and practising Christian who assent's to the charity's statement of Faith. Would you like to know more? We have a salary of up to £55,000 + benefits available dependent upon experience, but this role is more than just about a job - it's an opportunity to have an impact, make a difference, be the change to help make fairer and more just society. For more information e-mail us or call for an informal chat during the day or to request an out of hours conversation. Ref: MD00420.
Landmark Faith Recruiting Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Landmark Faith Recruiting Solutions is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds