We are Firmin Recruit, an employment business working on behalf of our client based in Gravesend, Kent. The role is for a Service Charge Accountant
This is a full time, permanent role.
Salary: up to £32,000 DOE
Hours: 9am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday
Salary includes: Heath Care, 25 days holiday, Pension, Learning and Development Scheme
Due to business expansion they are seeking an experienced Service Charge Accountant to join their existing team.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: To prepare statutory and service charge accounts for residential & commercial property and to manage the service charge team. The role will require good interpersonal skills, the ability to work as part of a team, be organised, have excellent attention to detail and hold excellent communication skills.
Residential Service Charge Accounting:
* Manage the preparation of residential year end service charge accounts
* Manage the account preparation for clients' management companies (RMCs)
* Manage and review the budgets for residential properties
* Ensure accurate set up of new Clients
* Ensure accounts for terminated managements are dealt with appropriateley
* Assist the Paralegal department with technical queries on service charges
* Manage the Credit Control for Service Charges
Commercial Service Charge Accounting:
* Year end service charge accounts
* Commercial service charge budgets
* Manage the client period end statements for reporting net rental income to clients
* Manage Client Database Software (For Both Residential and Commercial Clients)
* High level of concentration, accuracy and attention to detail
* Self-motivated with a methodical and organised approach
* Able to effectively prioritise and multi-task
* Excellent people skills
* Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with peers, managers, clients, contractors, etc.
* Dependable and flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
* Proactive, and able to take responsibility for own work
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for their next exciting career move.
If you have the necessary skills and would like more information regarding this role please apply.
PLEASE NOTE: We review all CV's submitted and endeavour to reply to all candidate applications. If you have not heard back from us within seven days then unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion