We are searching for an experienced, organised and motivated Accounts Payable Manager to increase department accuracy and efficiency and provide strong leadership to our Accounts Payable team. The Accounts Payable Manager will ensure that the department operates smoothly and maintains accurate and complete records regarding payments to suppliers. Other responsibilities are to hire, train and support Accounts Payable staff members in conjunction with the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
To succeed as an Accounts Payable Manager, you should be focused on optimising department processes and building lasting relationship with others inside and outside of the business. You should be knowledgeable, analytical, and decisive with excellent leadership and communication skills.
There is the need for a strong focus in process standardization and optimization between companies.
• Hiring, training, motivating, and evaluating Accounts Payable staff members to meet the needs of the expanding business
• Building and maintaining relationships with employees, internal and external customers and vendors
• Setting and facilitating the achievement of individual and department objectives
• Overseeing routine department activities, such as payment run approvals
• Compiling, analysing and reporting financial information to management and government agencies in line with reporting deadlines
• Monitor and maintain the key balance sheet accounts in line with the relevant internal controls
• Developing, implementing, improving and enforcing department controls to meet the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley
• Support the finance transformation project management team to implement and drive efficiencies
• Any other ad hoc duties as directed by senior management
• A high level of knowledge and understanding of the Purchase to Pay environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with computers, especially business solutions and Accounting software.
• Excel knowledge at a proficient level
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Well organised with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Positive "can do" attitude leading by example
• Proactive and able to use own initiative to aid problem solving
• Excellent leadership leader skills
• Results orientated
• Team management and leadership
• Purchase to Pay environment experience
• Proven track record of Process optimisation
• Knowledge of SAP
• AAT Qualified
Due to the high volume of applications we receive for our job adverts we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience