Health & Social Care Teacher - The Falkland Islands (British Overseas Territory)
up to £40,502 per annum + bonus + relocation + airfare
November 2020 start
Education on the Falkland Islands is unique. The Islands have a small population, with big ambitions. It will be your job to help turn these ambitions into reality.
The successful candidate will be required to teach Key Stage 3 & 4 Health and Social Care up to and including GCSE within the secondary school located on the main island of Stanley.
You will have a proven track record of successful Health & Social Care teaching, ensuring the best possible progress and academic outcomes for students through planning and delivering engaging and differentiated lessons to a high standard on a daily basis.
This position is to commence in November 2020.
Professionally, you will be a resilient and self-motivated individual, with qualified teacher status and at least 2 years post NQT teaching experience. Experience of teaching GCSE Health & Social Care within Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 is essential for this position.
Personally, you should have a sense of adventure, resilience and a love for the outdoors due to the remote and rural nature of this position.
The package & benefits
- Salary of £40,502 for teachers with 5 years+ experience
- November 2020 start date
- Low rates of income tax
- 25% gratuity, payable at the end of the contract
- Airfare for the post holder and dependants at the beginning and end of contract, as well as airfares for return flights after every full year of the contract
- A relocation grant
- Subsidised accommodation to rent
- Free education locally for dependent children to GCSE level and possible allowance for overseas studies thereafter
- Fixed term contracts of either 2, 3 or 4 years in the first instance and the ability to become permanent upon mutual agreement