Teaching Assistant - Primary School
Vida are looking to recruit Teaching Assistants (both experienced and candidates looking to gain experience in education) to provide long term cover for a network of Primary schools in Whitehaven and the surrounding areas
Are you a Teaching Assistant looking for a new role or are you looking to gain experience as a Teaching Assistant?
What is the role of a Teaching Assistant?
Teaching Assistants support teachers and help children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom.
The roles and responsibilities of Teaching Assistants are varied and differ between schools. Your job can include:
* Getting the classroom ready for lessons
* Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
* Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
* Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
* Supervising group activities
* Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
* Helping with outings and sports events
* Taking part in training
* Carrying out administrative tasks
To support pupils with particular individual needs, some teaching assistants work one-to-one, while others work in small groups.
What are we looking for?
* Experience of working within a school/classroom setting or with young people is desirable although not essential.
* Ideally have or working towards Level 2 or Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification although this is not vital.
* An enthusiastic attitude
* Safeguarding excellence
* Up to date DBS check
* A DBS on the update Service
* References x 2
Working with Vida Education
Working with Vida you will have the constant valued support of your own personal consultant, a great benefits package and be able to control where and when you work.
* Tailor your own working days to support your commitments
* Flexible Working - Full or Part Time
* Opportunity to work in a variety of schools
* Competitive rates, paid weekly
* A dedicated personal consultant to work with and support you throughout
* Free Cover Supervisor Training
* Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
* Access to online E Learning Courses
* Access to Annual Safeguarding Training
If this role is of interest to you, please don't hesitate to get in contact and apply today!
As you are working with children, safeguarding and child welfare is paramount and an Enhanced DBS is required for the role, this can be discussed further upon application.
Vida Education offer excellent rates of pay and take great pride in providing a quality service to candidates and schools. We are an experienced team who specialise in placing secondary teachers, primary teachers, cover supervisors, teaching assistants and school admin and clerical staff into positions all across Lancashire and Cumbria.
We look forward to hearing from you very soon