Quantitative Equity Analyst
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Quantitative Equity Analyst, based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The role holder will work with the Active Equity team using quantitative methods to assist with portfolio construction and risk management of all strategies. The individual will provide assistance with decision support for potential portfolio changes, perform analysis of the level and distribution of risk in active equity portfolios and will provide scenario analysis to determine portfolio sensitivity to specific market conditions or events. The role duties will also include performance of bottom-up fundamental stock research as required within the Developed Market or Emerging Market universe.
The quantitative element of the role will entail working with the Active Equity team using quantitative methods to assist with portfolio construction and risk management of all strategies, which includes working with Portfolio Managers on the ongoing enhancement of the Active Equity processes. The fundamental element of the role will require bottom-up, fundamental research as required within the Global Equity or the Global Emerging Markets Equity universe.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following:
- Have a strong background in financial quantitative methods
- Proven problem solving and analytical abilities;
- Be interested in fundamental equity analysis, and believe in the link between company profitability and stock valuation;
- Appreciate the links between quantitative analysis and fundamental analysis;
- Be interested in applying appropriate quantitative methods to active equity strategies;
- Be comfortable sourcing, checking and working with large volumes of data;
- Have a minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience.
- The following will be an advantage but not necessarily required.
- Experience using Bloomberg;
- Coding skills (e.g. VBA, C++, Python, R);
- Experience of equity fundamental analysis;
- At least partial completion of the CFA programme.
Closing dates for applications: 3rd January 2018