Receptionist / Admin
Customer Experience Officer (Reception)
Post Number: SGS270
WISE Campus Salary Range: £16,443 per annum, pro rata
Contract Type: Permanent and Part-time
Hours: 33 hours per week (Afternoons & Eve until 7pm Mon - Thu, Fri various)
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects - from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE's and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve "Outstanding" status after being classified as "Good" in our first inspection last year.
SGS College's Customer Experience Department have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Experience Officer to join the team. This role will be based on the Reception at our Wise Campus. The post holder will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, will be IT Literate (especially proficient in the use of Excel and Word) and have the ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
The successful applicant will need to administer the following tasks as part of the role:
- Operate a switchboard service in order to provide an efficient service to callers
- Gain a general knowledge of SGS and its services and respond appropriately to requests, messages and enquiries
- Produce and program staff and learner ID cards
- Support the wider College with administrative tasks
- Provide accurate high quality information to learners and potential learners in person, by phone, post and electronically
- Enrol learners and provide general information regarding courses, fees, assessment, examinations, additional learning support, financial assistance,
- childcare, and other services available to learners to support their academic progression.
- Responsible for the collection of learner income in relation to course fees, including materials, examination fees, trips and alike.
- To welcome, sign in and direct visitors to the college and aid in.
- To register vehicles for appropriate staff and visitors when required.
The proposed shift pattern will be 12pm until 7pm on Monday - Thursday and either 8am until 3.30pm or 9.30 until 5pm on rotation on Fridays.
If you are interested in this position please complete a SGS College - Application Form this will be sent to you when you press apply.
Closing Date: Tuesday 2nd January 2018 Expected Interview Date: To be confirmed - Early January
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children's barred list, as a requirement of the job. South Gloucestershire and Stroud College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.