Year 6 Teacher - reduced workload
- Year 6 Teacher
- September 2019
- Two form entry Primary School in Greenwich
- Additional teaching support
Are you an experienced year 6 teacher who loves teaching but would like a role that really offers a new approach to reducing teacher workload?
A very popular primary school in Greenwich is starting a new initiative to improve teaching staff workload to allow teachers and pupils to achieve great results. The school are restructuring their year 2 and year 6 teaching staff and are looking for dedicated experienced teachers to join the team.
In year 6 and year 2 there will be two class teachers and a third, full-time teacher leading planning, assessment, additional booster and intervention work. This role is for one of the main class teaching positions in year 6. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a school that understands and is addressing the biggest issues facing teachers today.
The school is a very popular choice for parents in Greenwich. Over the past 5 years the school has progressively improved and is now achieving high standards in a welcoming and friendly environment.
The school boasts
- A highly effective leadership team in place at the school who inspire and support staff and pupils effectively.
- An effective approach to supporting disadvantaged pupils around a third of pupils receiving pupil premium with these pupils achieving results above national average.
- A creative curriculum with an emphasis on outdoor and offsite experiences and activities including residential trips to enrich learning experiences.
- A recent addition of a dedicated PE apprentice to support and encourage sporting activities for pupils
- Outdoor learning spaces including a wildlife garden
- The school works in partnership with other Greenwich schools supporting overall development and strategy
In this role you will enjoy the chance to focus on classroom teaching and less on paperwork centered tasks. The support in planning will allow more focus on day to day teaching, individualised learning and group work. This role will enable you to use your experience to drive results and real progress whilst preparing pupils for SATS and secondary education.
You will be working with pupils who are committed to school values and are keen to learn. They demonstrate good behaviour when given a stable and positive classroom.
As a year 6 teacher you will have the opportunities to lead and take part in additional learning activities including school productions and residential trips.
The school are very focused on retention of staff and therefore offer training and development. Once established, the school can offer potential leadership responsibilities.
You will be paid to scale according to experience.
To apply for this exciting opportunity you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified Teacher Status and experience teaching in KS2 (ideally in Year 6)
- a team player who enjoys collaboratively with other.
- able to demonstrate a passion for creative learning and good classroom management
- looking for a role with less paperwork and long-term career options
- committed to providing a high standard of education to their pupils
This is a highly sought after role so applications must be received by the end of May 2019.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/86321815