Business Development Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Job title: Business Development Manager
Location: London (E3)
Hours: 32 hours per week (over 4 days)
Salary: £33,000 per annum (pro-rata) plus performance-related bonuses
Reports to: CEO
At YUAF we’re passionate about helping young people, go places. It’s our thing.
We are a small core team of creative, dynamic and talented individuals who are shaking up the industry by creating opportunities for disadvantaged young people to learn music performance and production skills, whilst addressing issues such as mental health and well-being. We’re committed to creating safe and engaging spaces for young people, away from the streets, where they can break free from the fears and barriers they face and develop into creatives of the future.
Our activities bring innovative and creative workshops right to the doorstep of some of the most deprived communities in London via our Outreach Media Bus, a single-decker bus converted into a fully equipped, multi-media studio, and via our outreach services in schools, youth clubs and community centres across London.
We love what we do and need the right people to help us fulfil our vision, people who are full of ideas, not afraid to stand out from the pack and have an extra spring in their step.
We’re still a relatively small core team here at YUAF and we are keen to make our next key hire and are looking for the right person to help us develop and grow our charity.
This is a thrilling new role that really takes the helm of our cooperate, brand partnerships and fundraising activities with an aim to increase revenue by securing and developing high-value partnerships and growing our portfolio of relationships to include multi-year partnerships. Working closely with the Marketing and Partnerships Manager, to devise a joint strategy to enable YUAF to fulfil our objectives by funding our programmes to reach more young people year-on-year to reach a stretch target of £400,000 and play a leading role in developing the partnership and donor journey cultivation, engagement and management that contributes to the overall strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Corporate Development - Build new relationships with influencers and decision-makers, identifying business leads and opportunities to raise capital against a target of £400k annually
- Generate and grow revenue by closing contracts with corporate clients and brands securing sponsorship, funding, and donations to help us grow and deliver more and more amazing projects
- Create and manage proposal tenders for commercial opportunities and learn how to write an effective grant application
- Identify opportunities for new business and/or cross-selling for YUAF services
- Research and identify opportunities to increase corporate support of YUAF as a “Charity of Choice”
- Grow and retain existing clients offering new solutions and services to support their CSR activities
- Identify and retain Brand Partners and build collaborative relationships
- Keep an up to date CRM system to record all interactions and developments and to report upwards
- Supporting internal teams and our bid writers with small grant proposals, and reporting to funders
- Overseeing the recruitment of corporate volunteers
- Working alongside the operational team to design programmes in line with the aims and objectives of the funders/sponsors
- Contributing to the overall effective management of the charity in relation to operations, budgets, customer service, and people management.
Person Specification - What you’ll need
- Significant experience and understanding of best practice in business development
- A proven track record of successfully developing high-level relationships
- Strong and demonstratable experience in the area of corporate fundraising, and account management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including exceptional presentation skills
- Tenacity – you will be confident and savvy in navigating through any barriers to connect with key decisions makers from executives to sales and support staff
- There is no script to follow you will need strong negotiation, influencing and interpersonal abilities to lead conversations with potential corporate partners
- Proactivity when developing your own personal network of intermediaries and business introducer contacts in the local area
- To be a self-starter, you will be confident and an independent worker as well as outgoing and able to get along with the rest of the team
- To be someone who has demonstrable experience of securing new business within the corporate sector (B2B)
- The ability to identify and develop a pipeline of business development opportunities, and management of these through to completion
- To be able to develop business development strategies, taking into consideration YUAF’s objectives, the external environment, and other risk factors
- Someone with arts or charity background and an understanding of Charity of Choice would be desirable
- Interest in the urban music industry and charity sector
- Interest in youth culture, and have insight into the challenges facing young people in London and beyond
- To work with integrity and big-picture thinking protecting YUAF’s reputation yet widening opportunities to create unique partnerships
- Be a confident communicator, able to demonstrate thought leadership both verbally and in writing to groups and individuals
- Meticulous thinking and attentive mindset with strong commercial awareness and the ability and creativity to align arts and youth culture with corporate policies to deliver our targets
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM would be advantageous
Sound Like You?
Do you like the sound of an unconventional career in a charity that gives you the freedom to work autonomously and challenge the norm?
If so, we’ll give you every opportunity to take ownership of all you do, bring new ideas to the table and have a great time doing so.
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter ensuring you provide specific examples of your suitability for the role addressing each point in the person specification to -
email@example.com by Midnight Sunday 17th November 2019
(Interviews are scheduled to take place 27th & 28th November, CV's without cover letters will not be considered)
ALL POSITIONS WITHIN YUAF ARE SUBJECT TO 2 SATISFACTORY REFERENCES, AN ENHANCED DBS CHECK, AND COMPLETION OF SAFEGUARDING TRAINING.
Apply for Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly