Service Desk Engineer
- Market leading products with global client base.
- Friendly & collaborative start-up culture.
- Access to Linux training & courses.
What skills you'll need
- Previous experience in a technical support role, ideally customer-facing where complex technical issues need to be effectively communicated to a varied audience.
- Experience supporting Windows environments.
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems, preferably Ubuntu is highly desirable.
- Great working knowledge of core internet technologies such as Routing, Switching, DNS, DHCP, firewalls etc.
- Experience creating and editing Shell Scripts, e.g. Bash, PowerShell or Python would be a bonus.
- An understanding of Virtualisation would also be advantageous.
- Any exposure to resilient and redundant file systems is a plus.
Forming part of the dedicated retail software support team, you'll be on-hand to support their diverse client-base worldwide across both Windows & Linux environments, as well as providing internal support to the wider business. You'll be working in shift teams alongside the Service Desk Analyst Team Lead and will be responsible for the 24 x 7 monitoring of customer software & infrastructure, providing your technical expertise to troubleshoot and resolve any issues. You will assist with software deployment, patches and updates, ensuring your knowledge of company products & technologies stays up to date. Further, you'll be responsible for managing the company's internal infrastructure, fulfilling scheduled maintenance tasks & on boarding new employees. You'll be expected to proactively contribute to the improvement of company products & services by logging customer issues and reporting any trends. This is a great opportunity to become a technical expert on a global market-leading product. If you are a self-starter with a keen interest in learning new skills there is a lot to be gained here.
What you'll get in return
You'll be joining a company at a very exciting time; while seeing great success across the globe they have maintained their friendly & collaborative start-up culture. On top of a salary of up to £30K, you'll receive an extra 20% shift allowance, company share options, 24 shift days holiday, company pension, cycle to work scheme & casual office environment to name a few, as well as access to Linux training & courses.
Sound good? Send your CV to Ellen now for more info!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/88379456