Trustees with experience in finance, social housing, social care or income generation
Papworth Trust is a leading disability charity. Our vision is for a world where disabled people are seen for who they are, and our mission is for disabled people to have equality, choice and independence. Our work includes providing a range of high quality services for disabled and disadvantaged people and campaigning for changes that disabled people want.
We support thousands of people, their families and carers every year, and we work with disabled people to create a world where we can all be seen for what we can do.
Our values are:
- We listen to people’s needs and build great services around them
- We inspire everyone to try to change our world
- We support people to live their lives to the full
- We care that every person is seen for what they can do
- We work together so that we can make a difference
Our vision is for a world where disabled people are seen for what they can do.
Our mission is to support disabled people to have equality, choice and independence is as strong today as it was when the charity was first founded 100 years ago.
Are you passionate about ensuring that people with disabilities have the same rights and opportunities as everyone else? We are! The Papworth Trust are looking for 3 Trustees to join our board and support us in making that happen!
We are at a hugely exciting point in our 100 year history, where we have a clear strategy, an organisational plan and engaged teams to support us in delivering high quality housing and community services to individuals living with a disability. Supporting communities across the East of England in the delivery of day services, care, employment and housing, we also have a strong national voice and reputation.
We are passionate, we have a purpose and we make a difference to the lives of those living with a disability and we are seeking three trustees to support us in strengthening our organisation, exceed in our plan and to enable us to make a greater, positive impact to more people's lives.
The Trustee role is critical to the success of the Trust, responsible for the ongoing development of our strategy and ensuring that the organisation delivers on it. Providing expertise, guidance and governance to a team that will deliver our vision for a world where disabled people are seen for who they are, having equality, choice and independence.
We are looking for Trustees o join our team who have a wealth of experience in senior management to board roles within finance, social housing, social care or income generation. Previous Trustee experience would be great, although we are equally happy for individuals to develop in to the role, we'll consider applications from all backgrounds, you just need to be as dedicated as we are about supporting members of our community living with a disability.
We are looking for individuals who have a particular specialism and a wealth of experience in Finance, social housing, social care or income generation.
The board of trustees are typically individuals who work or have worked within senior or executive roles and have the experience to share with the leadership team in determining the strategy, direction and monitoring or performance and risk. The day to day operational management is delegated to the CEO and leadership team but the board has ultimate responsibility for the work that the Papworth Trust does. However, no trustees would be held personally or financially liable for any loss except in cases of personal negligence/acting without due probity, as limited liability applies.
The board as a whole, has direct responsibility for the future strategic direction of the organisation and overseeing the following:
- Appointing the Chair of the board and other board members and officers
- Appointing the Chief Executive and appraising their performance
- Ensuring the Chief Executive operates robust arrangements for the management and monitoring of compliance
- Defining and ensuring compliance with the Papworth Trusts values and objectives
- Approving each years budgets, business plan and accounts
- Establishing and overseeing framework of delegation and systems for internal control
- Establishing and overseeing a framework for the identification and the management of risk
- Agreeing policies and making decisions on all matters that might create significant financial or other risk to the organisation, or which raise material issues of principle.
The trustees are typically...
- Professionally qualified in their areas of expertise and can demonstrate that they have used their expertise in senior and often strategic positions within complex organisations, either as a consultant, within businesses or public sector.
- They have the ability to communicate and translate complex technical issues to non-specialists, particularly for the Trustee with a financial background
- The ability to easily communicate and influence the direction of an organisation
- Has a strong understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship
- Able to distil complex information and bring a pragmatic approach to its application Is self driven, independent and a creative thinker
The Board of Trustees typically meet for up to one day every 2 months and are usually scheduled 12 months in advance.This is a home based role with occasional travel to meetings at our services in the East of England , PE29 3RR
How to apply
If you would like to apply for a role as a Trustee at Papworth Trust but would like more information, we are always happy to schedule a discussion via the Reach Volunteering platform.
If you would like to apply for the role, we would love to understand your reasons why and for you to share your CV with us.
Apply for Trustees with experience in finance, social housing, social care or income generation
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly