Hudson Shribman are looking for someone responsible for producing the company's annual statutory financial statements and tax schedules including the Patent Box and large company Research and Development relief calculations. Bringing together monthly entity 'Flash' reports into a consolidated report for review by senior management. Reviewing and preparing, as required, company VAT returns and other tax information. Carrying out key tasks of the company's treasury function.
- To undertake key activities in the annual statutory accounts process. This includes preparing the year end consolidated balance sheets and profit and loss accounts, collating all information for the notes to the accounts, preparing directors' emoluments schedules and liaising with the external auditors throughout the process.
- To manage the corporation tax process, ensuring annual returns and quarterly tax payment workings are prepared accurately and submitted on time. Also, to provide general tax guidance and advice to ensure compliance for the UK entities; this may involve research into other jurisdictions in which the companies operate, e.g. Norway and India.
- To generate an annual Research and Development tax claim and annual Patent Box claim, seeking to gain significant tax savings using knowledge and analysis of the business's financial data.
- Preparation and/or review of other periodic returns, such as monthly VAT reporting, monthly EC sales list, annual EP APP5, annual P11Ds and annual PSA.
- Preparation of the company Norwegian and Indian corporation tax workings and liaison with the company's regional tax advisors to ensure compliance in all jurisdictions in which the company operates.
- Preparation of Consolidated Group Flash figures within the reporting deadlines. This includes review of Entity information and preparation of supplementary workings for some group companies.
- Reconciliation of the monthly Apprenticeship Levy and Cycle to Work (CTW) scheme deductions, including setting up new apprentices on the company levy portal and co-ordinating the monthly VAT invoices for the CTW scheme.
- Further tax compliance studies including transfer pricing analysis and Permanent Entity risk review and mitigation.
- Manage Innovate Grant financial information, including review of quarterly returns prepared by other departments, managing and overseeing the audit process and providing ad hoc advice to the relevant business functions.
- To carry out key tasks of the company's treasury function, such as preparing a schedule of group cash balances for the Chairman, reviewing foreign currency cash flow forecasts for forward contracts, and preparing hedging and investment options for the Heads of Finance.
- To undertake variance analysis of Sonardyne International's overhead expenditure by cost centre, including regular communication, advice and reviews with the cost centre managers. Checking for coding errors and correcting through general ledger journals. Following up on variances to budget and unbudgeted spend. Providing feedback to the Heads of Finance.
- Provide cover for other members of the finance team as required.