Project Manager (Software Systems)
- Project Manager (Software Systems)
- Based in Glasgow (with weekly travel to Teesside)
- £55k-£60k plus Car Allowance
We are currently looking for a highly experienced Project Manager (PRINCE2) to help our client (a multi-national technology firm) with the delivery of several projects related to large scale software systems for the transport industry. This will involve the rollout of innovative technology for major road networks, designed to fit the individual needs of the location where they are deployed.
They are looking for a Project Manager with exceptional customer management skills to ensure the successful delivery and continued growth of the allocated projects. Regular travel to the company head office will be required, so the successful candidate would be expected to work up to 2-3 days a week from Teesside.
This role would be most suitable for an individual with a background in Intelligent Transport Systems and Roadside Technology, however, we are happy to speak to individuals who have worked on large scale Software Systems in the Telecoms, Oil & Gas, Defence, Energy or other related industries.
Skills and Experience:
- A strong background in Project Management (ideally PRINCE2 certified)
- Previous private or public sector client management and liaison experience
- Extensive knowledge of software development, maintenance and design processes
- Experience delivering large scale software systems in the Oil & Gas, Telecoms, Defence industries, etc.
- Project management experience of roadside infrastructure installation/maintenance projects would be highly beneficial
- In-depth knowledge on the use of planning tools i.e. P6, MS Office, MS Project
- Previous experience owning the commercial and financial aspects of large projects
Role and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the commercial relationship between the company and their customers
- Develop a strong working relationship with the customer through both remote management and regular face to face visits
- Manage a multi-functional team including Software Developer and Systems Engineers
- Work from the head office in Teesside for 1-3 days a week
- Work with the software development team to ensure the clients specifications are met
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership and running of multiple projects
- Manage any sub-contractors' working on relevant projects
- Take full responsibility for the financial aspects of the projects, including budgeting and signing off employee expenses
To learn more about how you can work as a Project Manager (Software Systems) in Glasgow; please call and speak with James Sample here at ISR Recruitment in our Manchester offices on 0161 973 2533 or please apply with your latest CV for an immediate call back in the strictest confidence.