We are delighted to be working with our client, based in Newcastle City Centre, who are looking for a Project Manager to join the Transformation Management Team. The successful individual will be responsible for budgeting, resource management and activity planning for the projects in their remit, as well as motivating and leading the project delivery teams.
- Manage projects and project delivery teams in accordance with transformation standards and business objectives, engaging with and managing the expectations of key business stakeholders.
- Plan, direct, and co-ordinate projects and activities from proposal initiation to final operational stage.
- Plan, monitor and report on project activities, ensuring effective governance, risk, issues and resource arrangements are in place, supported by effective reporting.
- Ensure that projects are managed to realise business benefits and where appropriate, informed by an awareness of current technical developments.
- Ensure projects have the appropriate resources to deliver outcomes by liaison with other functions - in particular Professional Support Services including HR, IT, Communications and Marketing.
- Ensure that inter-dependencies and impact on current business activities and projects are documented and understood.
- Act as project "customer" to IT technical project delivery.
- Ensure appropriate escalation takes place in the case of issues and risks within projects.
- Recommend and implement corrective action in projects by engaging the Portfolio Manager, Project Sponsor and other appropriate key stakeholders.
- Act as an ambassador for the Transformation Management Team, positively promote effective project management practices throughout the organisation.