Salary: £25,738 - £28,073 per annum
Hours of Work: Full Time - 48 hours per week (will include evenings and some weekends)
38 Days Annual Leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays), Local Government Pension scheme, Free on-site gym, Staff lounge, Staff development opportunities, Staff recognition scheme, Employee Recommendation Incentive and access to many more benefits.
2017 Highly Commended Award Winner for Most Improved Work Place - Britain's Healthiest Work Place
Fareham College are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed Chef Manager for its award winning AA Highly Commended restaurant. The Chef Manager will be responsible for managing Avenue's 141's commercial kitchen and functions as well as providing an inspiring environment for students to flourish. The Chef Manager will work closely alongside the Restaurant Manager.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated as well as being a positive thinker with a 'can-do' attitude. You will have the drive to develop the commercial side of the business with a strong commitment to student success.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Responsibility for the management and day-to-day organisation and operations of all Avenue 141 businesses to ensure an effective, efficient and safe student learning and working environment.
- Responsibility for managing the kitchen during services, managing stock ordering and creating menus.
- Taking full responsibility for groups of Hospitality and Catering students during services by instructing and supporting.
- Providing effective advice and support to students during their programmes of study.
- Working alongside Restaurant Manager to ensure pro-active marketing of all Avenue 141 businesses and supporting the Commercial Manager with the business plan with an aim to increase profits.
- Assisting with the departments Health and Safety requirements, which might include undertaking or supporting of applicable systems. (e.g. PAT, Risk Assessments, maintaining Risk Assessment Logs or up-dating COSHH forms).
The successful applicant will require recent industry experience and be able to work with groups of students in a commercial environment, supporting their theory work with practical experience.
Contract Type: Permanent
Closes on: Tuesday 21 November 2017
Interview Date: Monday 4th December 2017
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.