Management Accountant- Manufacturing
Great role for a qualified or part qualified accountant with manufacturing experience. This is an exciting company to join with ambitious growth plans. You will be a highly competent accountant who is hands on, understands the detail and enjoys working in a manufacturing environment.
Skills & Experience:
- Manage the monthly close and reporting process. Ensuring robust control, processing and review.
- Produce timely monthly financial reporting, including presentation of reporting packs, detailed management information and KPI's.
- Analysis of financial data, including investigation of variances, performing relevant adjustments and providing interpretation to senior management.
- Demonstrate strong balance sheet controls including preparation of control account reconciliations and timely follow up on any variances.
- Preparation and review of forecasts and budgets.
- Completion and submission of all tax related matters e.g. VAT return and statistical returns.
- Fixed assets and depreciation processing and control.
- Maintain and control shareholders/investors transactions and registers.
- Liaise with Welsh Government to assist in the preparation of any grant submissions or documents as required.
- Participation in the year end reporting process, including assistance with reporting packages and liaising with external auditors.
- Designing, Implementing and maintaining internal controls and procedures.
- To play an active role in continuous improvement projects and development of IT and management information systems. Will include ongoing finance and ERP system implementations.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the site Oracle NetSuite IT system.
- Ensuring compliance with accounting standards and other specific internal and external guidelines.
- Supporting any ad hoc project requests within the team.
- Reporting into the Finance Director and will be expected to guide and mentor junior staff.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified management accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent), with at least 2/3 years PQE, looking for progression in his or her career.
- Part qualified considered if able to demonstrate experience in the key required responsibilities.
- Previous manufacturing experience required.
- Strong financial skills and attention to detail are essential, together with an analytical mindset.
- Able to work unsupervised and will therefore be self-motivated.
- Ability to work to fixed timescales and able to manage differing priorities.
- Good interpersonal skills are essential; the ideal candidate will be required to communicate regularly with personnel at all levels in the company.
- Experience of finance, accounting and ERP IT systems.
- Advanced user of excel, word and power-point.