- An acquisitive and market leading manufacturer
- A Finance Director opportunity in the Gloucestershire area
- Private equity backed
About Our Client
Our client is an established and growing manufacturing business, with multiple factories across the UK and US. Looking ahead, they are forecasting continued growth with an ambitious 5 year plan, both organically and through additional strategic acquisitions. It is due to their continued success our client is now looking to recruit a Finance Director.
As the Finance Director, based on the outskirts of Cheltenham, you will report to and have daily contact with the CFO as well as Site Director, as part of the local operating board. This is a highly visible role which will have a direct impact on the ongoing success of the business.
You will be involved in the day to day management of the company and the formulation and implementation of the overall strategic long-term business plan. You will have full P&L and balance sheet responsibility and play a critical role in the provision of financial direction and support for all business operations.
You will be expected to proactively and effectively challenge performance and to actively assist the CFO to improve overall business performance. You will need to support the achievement of operational and commercial objectives, to contribute to the overall and long-term profitability of the business.
You will need to ensure sound financial and commercial management; including budgeting, forecasting and cash flow forecasting. You will also have responsibility for overall financial control, process improvement, systems integration as well as an ERP implementation.
You will be responsible for leading the finance team to ensure high performance levels are attained.
The Successful Applicant
For this Finance Director opportunity is on the outskirts of Cheltenham, successful candidates must have/be:
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with significant post qualification experience.
- Demonstrable experience in a finance lead role and preferably manufacturing/engineering or a related industry at a senior level.
- Strong technical accounting skills including IFRS, GAAP and combined with strong commercial awareness to successfully inform the commercial business agenda.
- Experience in formulating and implementing business strategy.
- An analytical mind with the competence to translate into operational actions and to partner the CFO and senior management team.
- M&A: Prior acquisitions and integrations experience considered advantageous.
- Private equity knowledge preferred.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.