Nursery Deputy Manager
Safehands Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Deputy Manager to join a brand-new nursery opening in Oxford. This is an exciting opportunity to work with children aged 3 months to 5 years planning and providing excellent learning experiences in a safe, secure environment. This is a permanent position working 40 hours a week offering up to £25,000 per year.
- To work under the direction of the Manager and deputise on her behalf at all times.
- To step up as 'Acting Manager' during Managers absence.
- To act as the secondary Designated Safeguarding Lead responsible for Safeguarding, attending Safeguarding courses and ensuring children are kept safe and well by following correct procedures.
- To support the aims and objectives of the Nursery and assisting the Manager in the organisation of a high-quality establishment for all children.
- To support high standards of childcare and education - working to implement the ethos of 'Discovery' which will include the monitoring and review of provision, activities and resources that support this.
- To assist in the leading and implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and any other legal/statutory frameworks.
- To direct, support and supervise staff as agreed by the Nursery Manager.
- To assist with staff development and training.
- To act as SENCO for the nursery.
- Enhanced DBS check
- Strong understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Minimum Level-3 Childcare Qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 2 years experience of working in childcare
- Paediatric First Aid
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Training
- SENCO Training (or willing to train)
- Experience in a room leader or Supervisory/Management role
- Food hygiene certificate
- 5% pension
- Private Healthcare
- Discretionary bonus and company options
- Free lunch, snacks and drinks