- Do you enjoy working with data and have an analytical approach?
- Do you have a good eye for detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment?
- Do your personal attributes allow you to work effectively within a tight knit, dynamic and target driven environment?
If you've answered "yes" to these questions the role of Data Analyst could be for you!
About the role
In this role you willanalyse team performance against KPIs through collection and dissemination of weekly and monthly Management Information and other monthly reporting. You will also be responsible for;
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis;
- Supporting colleagues by providing analysis of datasets to enable proactive follow up of leads utilising external databases where appropriate;
- Supporting insight and intelligence activity through analysis of research findings and ad-hoc internal data collection;
- Supporting the activities of the international trade team through data mining and analysis, providing identification of targeted and de-duplicated lists for lead generation.
- Maximising the use of various data sources whilst being aware of Data Protection, Data Security and compliance with data and auditing requirements
We are looking for someone who is educated to degree level or equivalent in a related field such as Information Management, Statistics, Computer Science or Mathematics and has the following knowledge and skills;
- Understanding of programming languages, such as SQL and Python with the ability to analyse, model and interpret data.
- Experience of the manipulation and presentation of large data sets and databases including de-duplication;
- Able to demonstrate suitable knowledge, experience and interpretation of statistics and how these can be applied to the workplace;
- Understanding of natural language processing techniques, including bag of words and TFIDF to assist with production of marketing campaign lists;
- Ability and experience to make best use of scripting and programming skills in SQL and Python or R languages to help improve operational efficiency;
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning algorithms such as Naïve Bayes, Decision Forest would be beneficial;
- Experience of data visualisation using tools such as Power BI or equivalent would be beneficial;
- IT Proficient - experienced and highly proficient user of IT systems and CRM databases, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and query languages such as SQL;
What we offer
- The salary of up to £25,000 for the right candidate
- A generous 10.5% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and ill-health income protection
- 26 days holiday (rising to 28 after 2 years' service, pro rata for part time)
- Free car parking onsite
- A flexible and supportive working culture
- A modern, open space and technology enabled working environment
- Wellbeing programme for employees
- A range of flexible benefits including holiday-buy scheme, eye care vouchers, annual flu vaccination, and a cycle-to-work scheme.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and value diversity in our workforce. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Enterprise Growth Solutions Limited (EGSL) delivers the trade services for the Department for International Trade in Yorkshire and the Humber. EGSL is a subsidiary of the Exemplas Group, one of the UK's foremost business support organisations with nearly 200 employees across a number of locations. As a business we recognise that giving a superior service to our clients depends on making the most of our people and we aim to give our teams challenging opportunities, recognition for achievement, job enrichment and the maximum flexibility we can.
The fine print
- Please note this role is subject to mandatory Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment screening comprising verification of identity, nationality and immigration status, confirmation of 3 years minimum employment history and/or other activity, and third-party verification of unspent convictions.
- Please note you must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
- Please read our recruitment privacy notice for information about how we process your personal data available on our Exemplas website.