We are currently recruiting for an experienced CNC Machinist to join a national company based in Cirencester that prides themselves on still having a family feel environment and strong core values. With their exceptional company benefits and incentivises they are looking for the right individual to join their delightful organisation and build a long lasting career with them. The right candidate will be setting up and operating a number of computerised controlled machine tools to ensure performance on a range of turning, drilling and tapping operations on various complex component parts of mechanical shaft seals in a production environment.
- Working from process sheets, blueprints, set up sheets, set up cards, machine status boards and verbal as well as written instructions
- Rotating between departments when required
- Receive preset tooling from the tool crib
- Install and machine chuck jaws when required
- Insert and secure tolling in machine turrets, install program into memory banks and chuck work pieces such as cups, mating rings, seal noses, retaining bands and housings of bas stock or slugs of stainless steel and alloy materials
- Activating units of different types of computerised numerical controls to manufacture a finished product by performing a wide range of primary, secondary and tertiary machining operations to turn, face, bore, drill, thread, ream component parts having several inner and external interrelated surface relationships to close tolerances.
- Inspect finished piece part for proper dimensions and document results
- Troubleshoot and making adjustments to offset coordinates, modify and edit programs to compensate for materials, tooling or machine centre conditions.
- Uploading and taking off component piece parts
- Setting up and verify present gauges for proper calibration when required
- Inspecting own work, ensuring correct dimensions and ensure that the company quality and quantity standards are maintained
- Working alongside the programmers and support teams to resolve problem situations and alongside your supervisor when requested
- Ensuring completed work is moved to the correct areas
- Assisting other internal department operations as required to accommodates personnel and production requirements
- Notifying supervisors of machine and operating difficulties if needed
- Being accountable and responsible for checking and troubleshooting operating difficulties of own work involving tooling, materials, work centre and NC programs and gauging.
- Use calipers, micrometers, depth and height gauges, gauging and locating fixtures, as well as other fixed and universal gauging equipment
- Ensuing following of quality and safety rules are adhered to and keeping the work areas in clean and orderly condition
- Preform other related duties when required
- Must be able to set up CNC lathe or CNC mill machines and operate
- Have coherent mathematical skills and use these together with the analytical use of process sheets, blueprints, setup sheets, setup cards and machine status boards
- Be able to use various measuring instruments and have the experience to make minor modifications to NC/CNC equipment programs
- 3 years of applied training in a particular or specialised occupation, requiring knowledge of machining principles and methods and programming methods for computer numerical controller machine tools
- Bring able to use your considerable judgment to plan, perform, set up and makes decisions as to the sequence of setups, operations and processes, including minor modifications to preprogramed computer routines within the limits of recognised standards methods or procedures.
- All employees must be able help out and assist with heavy loads
- High attention to details and health and safety standards
Mori Seiki SL45 CNC lathe:
- Functional Numerical Control
- Turning Diameter (mm) 590 max
- Turning length (mm) 1030