A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ an Investment Analyst based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Investment Analyst will be part of the Frontier Markets team. The Frontier Markets team runs Frontier equity funds and is part of the Global Emerging Markets team. The role holder will be responsible for performing fundamental investment analysis of companies and markets within Frontier countries and select Emerging Market countries and contribute to portfolio construction.
The Investment Analyst will have autonomy in performing investment analysis but is expected to fit into the overall investment philosophy applied by the desk (which is research driven, fundamental and mainly bottom-up based). The role holder will be responsible for performing investment analysis on companies within the portfolio and the broader investment universe; suggesting BUY/SELL ideas; contributing to discussions around portfolio construction and portfolio management; and understanding and analysing the key macroeconomic and political dynamics of Frontier Markets.
The Investment Analyst will be accountable for supporting the other members of the team in client facing activities with external investors and consultants and with internal sales and distribution channels; and assist with presenting to clients and sales. The role holder will play a key role in maintaining firms internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Strong analytical skills. Should be able to understand and analyse financial statements of companies in different sectors.
- Capable of building financial models, identifying the right revenue drivers and formulating an investment case that shows the intrinsic value of an investment opportunity.
- Master’s degree in Investments Management or related subject is desirable.
- Past experience on the Buy Side or at an Asset Management firm is required.
- Past experience in covering companies in Middle East is required.
- Arabic language and deep understanding of the Middle East is a plus.
- Fits into the culture of firm and be able to show high levels of teamwork.
Closing dates for applications 4th November 2019
Apply for Investment Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly