Business focused hedge accountant
- Excellent opportunity with a top risk management firm.
- Role with great exposure to clients both internal and external
About Our Client
This Hedge Accounting role is with a leading financial services organisation.
The successful candidate for this Hedge Accounting role will focus on the sale of the complex hedging computer generated strategies including:
- Analysis and reporting the hedge accounting impact of the transaction on the clients portfolio.
- Analysis, reporting and understanding the legal entity impact of the transaction
- Ensuring from a governance perspective that issues are highlighted to key stakeholders on a timely basis trough the complex transaction review process and escalated appropriately
- Ensuring audits on hedging strategies on real estate portfolios and derivatives are appropriately dealt with.
The analysis you oversee into complex transactions will be high profile, involve significant stakeholder interaction and your day to day role will benefit from a real breadth and variety in both technical knowledge and commercial acumen.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Hedge Accountant role will have the following exposure:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the purpose of imposing a hedging strategy to a portfolio
- Hands-on experience and in-depth understanding of how one-off complex transactions need to be accounted for under IAS39/IFRS9 and the impacts this has on the financial position of the client
- Extensive knowledge of banking products and an ability to detail the most preferable strategy for a customers unique needs.
- Background in Derivatives / Hedging
While Hedge Accounting experience is highly desirable. an in depth understanding of the products and risks associated with the products and the ability to communicate the important of hedging is of greater importance.
What you will gain from this role
In this role you will put in place hedges for highly educated non-financial services professionals in Large Corporates, Real Estate and Private Equity and investor industries.
In this role you will be tasked with taking ownership of the delivery of work to clients and internal teams. This will give you exposure to selling the functionality of implementing hedging strategies internally and in the long run you will take part in the Business development, sales and negotiations.
This role will have interaction with clients auditors detailing how hedging strategies work for the assets under management as well as detailing how implementing hedging can be preferable for clients portfolios.
Solid Hedge accounting, derivative accounting, valuation and real estate experience will make you an excellent candidate for this role.
To find out more about Huxley, please visit www.huxley.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales