Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Job Title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Reports to: Lead Site Reliability Engineer
Contract type: Permanent
Oddschecker is the UK’s #1 Odds Comparison site and is made up of a team of over 100 motivated and hardworking individuals based around the globe. Oddschecker has a presence in; the UK, the US, Australia and Europe, and we’re part of Oddschecker Global Media, an iGaming publishing group.Established in 1999, we are now part of the worlds’ largest listed gaming business, following The Stars Group Acquisition of Sky Betting and Gaming in 2018.
Our team is split into a number of squads, aligned to our core business areas. This means that we have end to end teams, who take ownership of our products, working closely together to directly impact their success. The UK online gambling industry has been one of the fastest growing and technologically innovative sectors in recent years and Oddschecker is no different.
We use cutting edge technology to hold our place at the centre of the industry, being a key player in client brand awareness and acquisition for bookmakers. It's a great time to join our ambitious team and get involved with a business that is focused, fast paced and a really great place to work.
You'll be encouraged to share your ideas, try new things (and not worry if they don't go right the first time!) and take ownership of your own development. We have a training fund for you to spend each year, as well as an extremely competitive performance related bonus scheme. We also have; a beer fridge, pizza Friday's, sport always on in the office and regular social events at team and company level!
See more about what it's like to work for us here: www.oddscheckercareers.com
What you’ll do as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will ensure our customers get the best quality of service and up time we can give them. Identify where we can expect and how we can tolerate IT failures from our systems as well as those we depend upon. Work closely with our developers and architects to build and run services and systems that respond consistently to failures by gracefully degrading our services.
Be responsible for ensuring the systems and applications we launch remain available, reliable and efficient at accomplishing their duties even as their duties scale and evolve. To be involved in every part of our site, from conception of products and their development to deployment, troubleshooting and analysis.
Design, build and automate tools and processes to ensure and improve scalability, availability and performance across areas of technology. Build, integrate and run tools to inject, predict and identify infrastructure and service failures on an ongoing basis to help optimise our sites.
As a Senior Engineer you will mentor and manage other members of the team, oversee and implement technical projects and have a major say in what Technology Oddschecker uses.
We need someone who is…
A desire to learn new technologies and apply them where appropriate to improve the quality of our software and processes.
• Experience in at a senior level.
• Working with Cloud based providers (Google Cloud Platform or AWS).
• Infrastructure as a code - Terraform, Google Deployment Manager.
• UNIX/Linux systems administration background (Centos/Ubuntu).
• Kubernetes experience
• 5+ years’ experience troubleshooting in Unix/Linux.
• Solid experience troubleshooting TCP/IP network stacks.
• Solid experience with HTTP web technologies (Tomcat/Apache/Nginx/HAProxy) and highly available, scalable web architecture.
• Solid understanding of database administration (Mysql, Elasticsearch).
• Experience in at least one configuration management solution (Ansible / Puppet / Chef).
• Experience in using monitoring tools (Prometheus, Influxdb, Grafana, Telegraf, Cacti, Icinga).
• Programming skills (Python, Bash, Java, Go)
• You love to automate everything!!
What you’ll get back from us
Alongside of being challenged daily and a real interest in your development, you will also receive:
• Competitive bonus scheme
• Free Sky HD package, broadband and discounted sky talk
• Free Puregym membership
• Free healthcare with Bupa, life assurance and income protection
• Pension scheme with up to 9% contribution from the company
• £1,000 training fund each financial year, to spend on your professional development
• 25 days holiday which increases by 1 day for each year of service (up to 30 days)