A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ an Associate Director, Large Corporate Banking based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Associate Director will be accountable for assisting Relationship Directors (RD’s) in building relationships by identifying and meeting existing and prospective customer needs, enabling the RD to optimize the potential value of the client relationship. The role holder will also be responsible to support RD to improve client engagement, identify product/service opportunities and deliver needs-based solutions and fair outcomes for customers.
The Associate Director will be accountable for carrying out customer research, financial and credit analysis and help the RD prepare for customer meetings, as well as co-ordinate credit applications, or renewals, and risk escalation management. In the absence of the RD, the Associate Director will act as the focal point for the relationship and credit related enquiries. The role holder will play a key role in preparation of all relevant: credit and profitability analysis, accounts remarks, pre and post customer documentation, collation/analysis of financial/non-financial information and coordination of products/solutions, which suit customer needs.
The Associate Director will be responsible to support customers and place their needs at the forefront of all that we do, setting world class standards and ensuring demonstrating fair customer treatment and delivery of customer satisfaction; managing regulatory and reputational risk, ensure business adherence throughout the client lifecycle by identifying, assessing, accepting, monitoring, escalating and mitigating risk; attending client meetings as required; monitoring credit risk including concern lists and credit control reports, analyzing management information (MI); and supporting RD with day-to-day activities including: client planning, pipeline management, coordination with product partners, third party liaison including discussions with external lawyers and valuers, ensuring data and call reports are completed accurately and within agreed timescales.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Corporate Banking Products
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Commercial/Corporate Banking or Equivalent
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Large Corporate Banking
- Availability to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. max 20% travel required to attend customer meetings with or on behalf of the Relationship Director as required
- A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers
- Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
- Experience of supporting others' performance, enabling them to achieve by providing clear direction, motivation and support
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
Closing dates for applications: 31st October 2019