Lead Data Architect
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Lead Data Architect based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Lead Data Architect will be part of firm’s CMB IT organization that provides banking services to corporate and commercial banking clients. The role holder will be responsible for providing technical and thought leadership, strategic thinking and architectural direction on data projects.
The Lead Data Architect will be accountable for implementing the future state data architecture visions for projects for one or multiple commercial banking domain areas, and create clear data architecture solution choices, to provide analysis on benefits/challenges; defining and communicating commercially aware architecture designs for data solutions in accordance to data design authority governance and Chief Data Officer (CDO) standards.
The Lead Data Architect will also be responsible for working closely with the project teams, CDO and other stakeholders to meet the projects requirements aligned with CDO standards, CMB IT and CDO & business strategies; identifying operational and delivery risks; providing governance on data architecture for the business domains under his/her responsibilities, data standards and target operating models for data activities.
The Lead Data Architect will play a key role in ensuring that data architecture results are compliant with the stated requirements, approved technologies, best practices and group strategies
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation with good command of written and spoken English
- Substantial experience in defining strategic data architecture, ideally in the banking area, e.g. Investment management or commercial banking
- Familiar with legal hierarchy representation, product representation, external data feeds (e.g. D&B, Thomson Reuters, etc)
- Experience in Data Modelling
- Ability to connect Blocks/Components
- Good technical background related to Big Data technologies (Spark, Hive, HBase, Hadoop, Kafka, Flume, Storm, NiFi, etc)
- Good technical background related to Data Warehouse/RDBMS in one or more such technologies: Oracle, Teradata, DB2, MSSQL, MySQL
- Good technical background related to cloud capabilities around the data and the associated services
- Knowledge of design tool usage (e.g. EA, Archimate, IDA, Erwin, Visual Paradigm, etc.)
- Knowledge of SDLC/Agile methods
- Proactive, can-do and open way of work as a must
- Knowledge of the MQ, ETL, API Management, Web Services
- University graduate of Computer Science/IT-related field, preferably with major in Software/System engineering or relevant working experience in the field
- A good understanding of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or others
Closing dates for applications: 31st October 2019
Apply for Lead Data Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly