A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ an Associate based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Associate will be part of Global Banking & Markets and supports the origination team in covering a wide range of UK and other European corporate clients with products include Vanilla Bond Issuance, Private Placements, Hybrid notes, Liability Management and other bespoke structures across a range of currencies.
The Associate will be accountable for preparation of pitch book material and pricing, dissemination of client updates, execution of mandates and responding to client queries; co-ordinating with colleagues within the wider Debt capital markets team, Syndicate, Derivatives, Fixed Income Sales, Transaction Management, and colleagues in other teams within firm’s Global Banking franchise. They will be involved in both pitching for debt capital markets mandates and executing them once won.
The Associate is also responsible for balancing workloads, demands of multiple stakeholders and tight timelines while ensuring that deliverables are of high quality; analysing large volumes of complex data and being able to apply and develop into value-added relevant client presentation materials with respect to the debt capital markets.
The role holder should be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and should act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations. They should also understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
The Associate will play a key role in maintaining firm’s Internal Control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Substantial years prior related experience within debt capital markets; meaning experience in advising and assisting Issuers (corporations, financial institutions, sovereigns, supra-nationals) to raise debt within both the public and private debt arena.
- High achieving and motivated person with real drive for developing into an experienced banker
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Requirements include excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Excellent knowledge of Bloomberg
- A good understanding of bond maths and debt capital markets terminology.
Closing dates for applications 22nd October 2019