IT Support Consultant
- Role: IT Support Consultant - REF 5113711
- Contracting Authority: Brent Council
- Location: London
- IR35: Inside
- Pay Rate to Candidate: £350 per day
- Security Clearance: DBS
Job Role and Duties:
- Support and maintain the existing ICT infrastructure for the shared service, covering all four areas of client, data centre, voice & data network and application support, but with additional specialisation in one of the areas.
- Advise on, design and implement solutions in own area of specialisation.
- Work on a rota basis covering call triage, call resolution & escalation, on-site support across all shared service sites, project related work, and provide cover for colleagues in other teams as and when required.
- Accurately and clearly document fixes to technical issues, process/procedures and update all IT-related records to ensure colleagues can perform their duties using this documentation.
- Provide expert technical advice on own area of specialisation (one of client, data centre, voice & data network and application support).
- Design and implement solutions in own area of specialisation.
- Working on a rota basis perform the following duties:
- Monitor incoming queues on the IT service desk system perform initial triage of all calls and assign to correct team
- Take ownership of and resolve calls in line with service level agreement(s).
- Identify problems, log problem records and communicate appropriately.
- Provide technical expertise on escalated issues that cannot be resolved by Technical Support Officers.
- Log changes, providing adequate information and ensuring change records are kept up to date.
- Provide on-site support across all sites supported by the shared service.
- Build and/or delivery of end user equipment, collection of equipment for repair or disposal, office moves.
- Work on and manage complex technical projects implementing changes to the shared service infrastructure, ensuring successful project delivery within budget and timescales.
- Be part of virtual teams working on specific assignments.
- Provide cover for colleagues in other teams as and when required.
- Provide cover and/or work on projects outside normal working hours (08:00 to 18:00) or on occasion at weekends.
- Accurately and clearly document fixes to technical issues and update the IT knowledge base, enabling their colleagues to quickly resolve any future occurrences of similar issues using this documentation.
- Document adequate information on call resolution to enable the further analysis of calls handled by the shared service but also to ensure the customer receives quality feedback in relation to their call.
- Responsible for ensuring that any changes they are involved in are logged and have complete and accurate information; this may require further investigation and/or liaising with customers and colleagues to establish. Ensure changes are adequately authorised and appropriately communicated to all stakeholders.
- Produce new or update existing documentation as appropriate for processes and procedures related to the performance of their duties and the delivery of ICT services by the shared service.
- Ensure all IT records are kept up to date to maintain accurate asset registers for the shared service and comply with license agreements.
- Occasionally supervise and/or mentor junior staff or apprentices, to help them develop their technical skills and perform their duties.
- Liaise with third party suppliers to achieve resolution of faults and/or requests.
- Provide quotations and/or enter requisitions on procurement system.
- Understand the value of information to the council and contribute to good information governance by keeping information safe, accurate and up to date and available to those who need it, as well as advising all council staff on how to do the same.
- Work proactively and flexibly to make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service.
- Contribute to the continuous development, improvement, efficiency and success of the IT shared service.
- Proactively maintain and develop their skills and knowledge to support the delivery of the IT shared service.
- Accurately and clearly document fixes to technical issues and update the IT knowledge base, enabling their colleagues to quickly resolve any future occurrences of similar issues using this documentation
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well-being of children and vulnerable adults.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
Addition responsibilities at PO4:
- Be the lead technical authority in one of the 5 key system areas: email systems, telephony, networks, servers & storage, desktops, SQL databases.
- Responsible for the management of suppliers and contracts relating to the key system area they lead on.
- As the lead design authority in a key system area, responsible for influencing the shape of future IT services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/88019777