Network Engineer (Linux)
- NOC Engineer
- Farnborough, Hampshire
- £30k-£40k (+ 10% bonus and excellent company benefits)
Our client's a leading provider of multi-cloud platforms for UK public services and are currently looking for experienced NOC Engineers to support their secure systems and work with external clients. This individual would act as a technical lead within the NOC team, ensuring tickets are addressed, incident troubleshooting is preformed and reporting and handover logs are accurate.
If you are interested in working in a growing team within an industry-leading business, operating in a dynamic organisation that challenges you daily and prides itself on the quality and performance of its systems, then this could be the ideal role for you. The rewards are there to be earnt and achieved with the right attitude to performance and delivering that first-class service externally at all times.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent OS skills with Linux
- VMWare (vSphere, vBlock, vCloud, vShield Edge, NSX, etc.)
- Working knowledge of network technologies (Cisco products and Cisco CLI, Switch, ASA/Firewall, UCS Blade servers/Other Blade servers, VPNs, Network Layers)
- ITIL qualified - familiar with the tools and processes
- Analytical approach with strong problem solving skills is a definite must
- Excellent team working skills and a continuous learning approach is required
- Experience of running a business critical platform in a 24/7/365 environment
- Comfortable with second pass problem determination and troubleshooting incidents
- Experience with helpdesk tools within an ITIL environment
- Disciplined, organised and self-motivated
- Security cleared - successful candidates will be put through clearance
If you are interested in hearing more about this role working as a NOC Engineer based in Hampshire; please call and speak with James Sample here at ISR Recruitment in our London offices on 0203 872 6600 or please drop me an email with your latest CV for an immediate call back in the strictest confidence.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/87685592