Desktop Support Analyst (Network Analyst)
- Job Title: Desktop Support Analyst (Network Analyst) - REF16603
- Contracting Authority : Central Government
- Rate: up to £250 per day
- Duration: 4 months
- Location: Oxford
- IR 35 : NA
- Security Clearance: BPSS
- Deliver Operational support that can ensure ongoing availability, integrity and confidentiality of our networks.
- Perform operational equipment lifecycle management with timely update/upgrade before operational peak thresholds are reached.
- Arrange for moves, alterations or installations of telephony services liaising with Facilities, Telephone suppliers, and Subcontractors (as required).
- Define, configure, and maintain the voice and data network systems, patch panels and cabling; including the maintenance of adequate stocks of appropriate spares.
- Provide a reliable, secure and controlled network perimeter; i.e. through performing systems integrity and availability checks.
- Ensure the application of security standards (e.g. ISO27001).
- Provide detection, prevention and resolution of security threats to our computer networks, maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of our data and information systems.
- Perform monitoring and reporting on our computer networks for security threats, unauthorized users and identification of compromised machines, logging all issues and reporting on the security measures taken, to the business and IS Management, to address threats.
- Analyzing of security risks and assisting with development of response procedures and processes, including the developing and testing of software tools, firewalls, intrusion detection systems and production of support documentation. Translate business requirements into technology / security solutions
- Communicate regularly with IS management regarding the status of current security project initiatives.
- Assist the Security Manager track the delivery and input into the risk treatment plan and actions contained within. Provide security assurance services on behalf of IS.
- Be responsible for providing information security consultancy advice and services with guidance from the IS Security Manager.
- 'Ensure compliance of all security policies and standards is maintained for all supported IT Services'
- Follow industry leading practice and work to continuously improve IS processes; focusing on simplification, standardization, quality improvement and cost minimization.
- Work to resolved issues and to minimise exceptions to best operating practice; evaluate and utilize appropriate exception reporting and controls.
- Perform thorough analysis of all Incidents (not limited to major Incidents) to ensure underlying trends/root causes are identified and permanently resolved.
- Ensure a formal process of identifying, communicating and resolving 'known problems' is established, maintained and delivered.
- Focus on minimizing the adverse impact of Incidents and Problems on business operations, thus ensuring that the best possible levels of service quality and availability are maintained.
- Through intelligent use of access control and operational software, contribute to the development, identification and production of management information reports that confirm availability and identify control or process vulnerabilities.
- Undertake technical research in order to maintain a good understanding of IT trends and other platform technologies.
- Plan and carry out all proposed changes in accordance with change management procedures
- Cisco Switches & Routers:
- VLAN Management
- Microsoft Azure
- Virtual Networks
- Express Route
- Network Security Groups
- Route Tables
- Checkpoint Firewalls (Familiarity with policy & tracker)
- Active Directory
- Understanding of OSI model
- PCI Compliance and vulnerability management
- IPSec VPN
- Microsoft Azure(networking)
- Web Application VNET integration and connectivity testing
- Qualys vulnerability management
- Private and public DNS management
- Access Point installation & configuration
- MX Appliance configuration using AutoVPN
- Pulse Secure Access VPN
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/87685203