- Mechanical Inspectors
- Double Day Shift
- c£35k including shift allowance
- 9% Non-Contributory Pension
We are currently looking for experienced Quality Inspectors to join a prestigious Aerospace / Engineering role based near Uxbridge, Middlesex. This role has a days & shift pattern vacancy available.
Ideal candidates will have a couple of years' experience within an Inspection department and be able to read engineering drawings and use engineering tools
- To undertake a variety of processes for product verification of parts and components.
- Ensure that all Inspection activities are delivered efficiently in accordance with the production schedules??????
- To carry out testing/inspection of components using a variety of processes and techniques in accordance with Quality Assurance instructions and/or Technical specs.
- To generate, maintain inspection documentation in accordance with the relevant Company Quality Assurance policy
- To accurately interpret component drawings/test procedures and relevant information so that, part numbers, drawing issues, relevant ADR's, process specification and surface finishes can be accurately identified and applied.
Use SAP to undertake the following transactions :
- Accurately record all work in progress
- Track processing of component batches through the manufacturing process and update records accurately and regularly
- Accurately record the location of components and parts
To assist in the successful implementation of ongoing Lean Initiatives including:
- 5S Activities
- Continuous Improvement programmes
- Working knowledge of CMM (Mitutoyo ideally)
- Experience of using Inspection Tools and Equipment
- Working knowledge of GDT (geometrical dimensional tolerancing)
- Experience of using hand tools
- Basic PC (Microsoft Office) and SAP skills
- Knowledge of 1st article
- Knowledge of 5s
- Numeracy and geometry skills
- Broad experience of reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- General work background in manufacturing / engineering
- Basic grounding in H&S policies and procedures
- Engineering apprenticeship preferred
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/88008389