- Role: Application Programmer - REF 17145
- Contracting Authority: Central Government
- Contract Length: 2 years
- Location: Salisbury
- IR35: IN SCOPE
- Pay Rate to Candidate: £424.95 per day
- Security Clearance: SC
Electro Magnetic Protection Group (EMPG) has multiple requirements across both EO and RF domains to develop future facing threat representative modelling environments. In both domains the requirement is for a Software Modeller to exploit and develop the functionality of existing models and to explore feasibility studies into how more future reaching threat representations might be developed. The EMPG modelling capability is critically understaffed and the MPCON will free up valuable resource whilst progressing future capability development goals, as defining in the Technical Capability Principals (TCP) strategy. The contractor will enable headroom for existing SMEs to train and develop new members of staff, whilst also contributing to the transfer of knowledge on models and future model development.
The Specialist Consultant role will be under the control and direction of the Project Technical Authority (PTA) for Air Platform Protection Capability Support (APPCS)
- Role will require a technically aware, self-motivating and responsible:
- Feasibility studies into improvement potential of current and near future modelling capability and what future threat functionality approaches might be able to deliver.
- Produce the software delivery plans with agreed delivery milestones and Verification & Validation acceptance criteria;
- Develop and deliver specified model improvements as defined in the agreed plans;
- Manage software auditing whilst delivering to agreed V&V, time and cost;
- A broad understanding of the S&T subjects and approaches required for complex digital modelling;
- Ability to capture, evaluate and prioritise complex model development requirements within appropriately defined and understood complex threat environment representations.
- Appropriate Programming / Digital Modelling experience;
- Appropriate proficiency in MATLAB / Simulink / C++;
- Software management and auditability;
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/87668111