A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to join a growing company based in High Wycombe on a temporary part time basis. The company offers a fantastic working environment with excellent benefits. As an Accounts Assistant, you will be a key member of the team and will be responsible for the day to day running of accounts including monthly reporting and account reconciliations.
- You will input invoices onto the COINS accounting system, matching to POs where available, and resolving queries where there is a PO / invoice mismatch.
- You will assist in storing purchase invoices digitally in accordance with existing policy.
- Expense claims for staff and credit card invoices are treated as purchase invoices (no POs) so they will need to be processed for a 'special' expenses purchase ledger payment run.
- Select invoices for payment (cash requirements list) on mid-month and end-of-month supplier payment runs, ensuring that invoices held for approval by senior management are encouraged to be processed.
- Once cash requirements list has been approved, to process the list as payment batch and export into our banking software for payment to suppliers.
- When batch has been processed in the banking system, to update the purchase ledger module for the payment batch, generating purchase remittances to be emailed to suppliers
- Maintain a good working relationship with suppliers.
- Resolve unpaid balance queries and credit balances with suppliers. This may also, on occasion, involve a supplier statement reconciliation
- Clear out unallocated cash and unmatched invoices and credit notes where relevant, to assist in making the aged balance listing meaningful.
- Update COINS for changes to supplier contact details. Carry out anti-fraud processes when maintaining supplier bank account details to minimise risk of fraudulent payments.
- Generate and process Subcontractor ledger cash requirements listing to enable payment of subcontractors
- Petty cash tin count and reconciliations
- Assist in uploading cash book entries into COINS
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Issuing sundry manual cheques and processing bank payment instructions for non-invoiced payments