Accounts Semi Senior - Independent Accountancy Practice
Taylor Hawkes are working with a successful chartered accountancy practice who specialise in providing accounting, taxation and advisory services to a client base. The firm are looking for a dynamic Accounts Assistant/Semi Senior to assist in preparing accounts on a varied portfolio of clients. The Trainee Accountant will be responsible to ensure that departmental reporting targets are being consistently met in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements for clients including Statutory Accounts (experience of preparing accounts under FRS 105 and FRS 102 is essential).
- Assist in the preparation of Corporation Tax Returns, including tagging of iXBRL accounts and onward submission to HMRC.
- Assist in the preparation of Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of audits.
- Occasional assistance with preparing and submitting VAT Returns and EC Sales Lists as and when required.
- Occasional assistance with preparing and submitting monthly payroll and pension submissions as and when required.
- Occasional assistance with preparing management accounts, tour reports and net worth statements as and when required.
- Liaise with clients and various third party organisations to include HM Revenue and Customs, financial organisations, tour managers and record labels etc.
- Have Xero software experience
- CCH, VT, Iris, QuickBooks software experience is very desirable
- Be highly numerate and very confident with double-entry bookkeeping.
- Have previously prepared Statutory Accounts, Corporation Tax Returns, Personal Tax Returns and VAT Returns etc.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Have the ability to work on their own and as part of a team.