Financial Crime Officer
- Provide guidance on the application of Financial Crime policies, including (but not limited to) AML, Fraud (internal and external), Anti-Bribery & Corruption along with appropriate remedial action/best practice to ensure we meet our financial crime obligations.
- Support best practice in financial crime compliance by promoting a positive image of financial crime and promoting high standards across all business areas. Ensuring staff are aware of and are competent in implementing the relevant financial crime policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all relevant investigations are completed within timescales. Undertaking relevant checks directly with clients, Central Financial Crime or Enforcement Agencies where appropriate.
- Timely completion of ongoing PEP/Sanction monitoring and ensuring transactional monitoring reviews are undertaken.
- To refer any unusual or especially complex issues to our central compliance team, explaining the issue, making recommendations and being able to communicate back findings to the relevant team.
- To provide input into a periodic financial crime bulletin including relevant case studies either within the business or national and internationally reported cases
- Providing guidance and input to businesses on financial crime matters, management practices and standards to ensure the business remains compliant.