- West Yorkshire
- £75000 negotiable + Benefits
Our client is a rapidly expanding digital infrastructure Contractor, who are building one of Britain's many new Gigabit Cities. The business has grown from having from a Tier 3 Supplier to a Tier 2 Supplier in 3 years with ambitions to be a Tier 1 Supplier in the next 18 months. In preparation for its next stage of growth the business requires the support of a commercially competent Financial Director. This is a key appointment for the Senior Leadership team.
It's encouraging to meet with a client not influenced by 'Project Fear - Brexit' and having spent time with the Senior Leadership team it's clear that the business's upward trajectory for growth is set to continue. The ideal candidate will have a background in digital infrastructure provision or utilities and civil engineering. Considering the current financial strength of this business and its future potential, based on a thriving and consistently growing technological economy, this is a rare opportunity to not only exercise your experience and entrepreneurial spirit, but to join a business at its critical point of development.
We are looking for someone with at least 10 years post qualified (ACA/ACCA) experience within medium to large organisations, and ideally with one you have supported through flotation. You will have strong leadership skills and be searching for a role in which you can make a positive difference. This is a fast paced and dynamic company and there are no plans to slow down so this will be an environment wherein you naturally thrive. You will be a highly driven, self-motivated and outcome focussed individual with a commitment for delivering service excellence and a proven track record of using continuous improvement activities to achieve business excellence.
You will work closely with the Executive Leadership Team as well as with other function heads and teams to deliver against the business objectives with a focus on improving cashflows and efficiency across all functions. You will also be responsible for leading the organisation and contributing to the setting and achievement of business stream's and strategic goals.
Skills and experience
To meet the needs of the business moving forward these would include the following:
- An understanding of the communications/digital infrastructure sector and therefore financial frameworks and controls
- In-depth knowledge of the entire finance function with experience in reviewing, auditing and where necessary establishing and strengthening financial controls
- Strong critical thinking and financial acumen to support the long-term strategic goals and interests of the organisation
- High level communication capability with internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding and working knowledge of the public sector tendering process enabling you to fully support the commercial team in creating successful and workable responses which ensure that any identified risk are measured and strategies can be implemented to manage those risks to the organisation throughout the term of the agreement
- Proven leadership capability to support not just your immediate team but the organisation as a whole. You will be someone who can provide not only technical support and advice, but mentorship and strong counsel. This is a business that has grown organically and the relationship between the leadership team and the workforce has been a critical factor in its success to date.
For more information on the role and my client please contact me (Janet McGlaughlin) directly via email or telephone numbers provided on our website.