SQL Business Analyst
Established Investigative and Brand Protection Services company in Essex are looking to employ an SQL qualified Intelligence Analyst with operational knowledge of working with high volumes of data, working to specific client requirements and deadlines. Reporting to the Intelligence and Investigations Manager the Analyst will be responsible for contributing to all aspects of the companies intelligence and investigation analysis. The Analyst will also have key responsibility for the intelligence database management and KPI / MI reporting. The role demands a dedicated, forward-thinking intelligence professional with a good understanding of Microsoft SQL and SQL Server Reporting software (SSRS), visualisation techniques for creating/presenting data and analysis along with experience of working with investigation, data mining and OSINT tools.
- Administering internal and client database repositories, maintaining secure access controls, manipulating analysing and interpreting complex operational data sets - ensuring that proper controls and checks are in place for secure access and customer data (GDPR)
- Conduct intelligence investigations using an all-source approach across a range of tasks. Handle, analyse and evaluating highly confidential datasets and documents
- Performing advanced OSINT research and analysis relevant to the subject matter in order to collect, analyse and suitably record items of interest
- Mining and analysing large data sets. Assess data performance on an ongoing basis; produce key performance indicators, dashboards and reporting processes, being able to provide accurate and succinct briefings to all levels of management and external partners
- Develop and maintain key aspects of the intelligence database, datasets and visualisation tools, including further product development and the creation of new analytical potentials
- Working closely across multiple functions to protect and enhance the client business and operations
- Help maintain and extend the companies professional relationships with partners, clients and international law enforcement agencies
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in handling diverse and large data sets - flexible to adapt to changing priorities and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of Microsoft SQL and MS Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Proficient and demonstrable expertise in OSINT and Investigation methodologies (e.g. GB Conexus, Maltego)
- Experience of intelligence analysis software including i2 Analyst Notebook
- Strong proficiency in all MS Office products. Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis.
- Detail oriented and committed to accuracy, data integrity and quality. Aware of data protection legislation and implications