Policy Manager - Legal & General Home Finance (LGHF)
- Manage, oversee and provide direction for all LGHF policies.
- Create and effectively manage a central repository for all LGHF policies ensuring it contains the latest version of all relevant policies and is available for all LGHF staff. These policies will be version controlled and documented consistently using a standardised format and should meet business requirements including adherence to risk appetite.
- Interpret regulatory requirements and enhance LGHF policies accordingly, for example: Complaint handling, GDPR and MCOB.
- Ensure that all policies are reviewed on a regular basis in accordance with best practise and that each iteration is taken through the relevant approval process.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with all business heads to ensure that the policy framework is embedded and in operation in all LGHF areas.
- Ensure relevant policy updates are communicated effectively and implemented across the business.
- Act as a SME for all initiatives and projects ensuring that policy requirements are considered where appropriate.
- Work with line managers in programmes of work to support corrective action where required to ensure improvements are delivered.
- Be the point of contact for all regulatory changes which may impact LGHF and ensure changes are included within the framework.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Degree or similar substantial experience working in an office environment using high levels of literacy. The role requires a full understanding of regulatory compliance including approach, legislation and governance.
- The role requires a good understanding of the business, business environment and external matters (best practice, market, regulators, changes in legislation, etc.).
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly, both orally and in writing and the production of complex policies and reports.
- Attention to detail and ability to work within a fast-moving environment without any impact on quality of output.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office packages.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills at all levels and to work cooperatively across department boundaries.
- High level of focus and ability to deal effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstration of analytical and investigating skills.
- In-depth understanding of GDPR requirements.