Scenario Development Manager
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Scenario Development Manager based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Scenario Development Manager will be part of the team that is the main point of contact in Wholesale Credit and Market Risk (WMR) for stress testing questions coming from local regions, other teams and regulators. They would focus on the scenario calibration aspect of the global stress testing framework within WMR. The role holder also supports the other team members in their stress testing risk management activity and their understanding of the books vulnerabilities under extreme events.
The Scenario Development Manager will lead regular market and economic analyses to ensure that firms stress scenario library is suited for pro-active risk management; and the calibration of relevant stress scenarios and ensure consistency across all risk factors used both in market and credit risk. They will be accountable for the appropriate governance underpinning the decision of shocks. The role holder would take responsibility in conjunction with the analytics team for ensuring that the stress methods are in line with best practice and meet regulatory requirements and guide the methodology team to develop robust tools and infrastructure.
The Scenario Development Manager will play a key role in driving the incentive and provide directions to the local sites so that scenarios are understood and used appropriately by risk managers for decision making, and scenarios are communicated such that vulnerabilities in the traded portfolio are well understood by senior management. The role holder will support other team members and the regions to form a judgment on the appropriateness of exposure/positions vs. risk appetite using stress results. They would help risk appetite definition and transform Senior Management strategy and questions into practical stress testing approach to improve risk-reward decisions and will take initiatives to develop innovative solutions.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Previous experience in the analysis of economics and financial markets behavior.
- Previous experience in risk management for market risk and/or traded credit risk.
- Thorough understanding of advanced risk management techniques across a diverse portfolio of assets.
- Good understanding of financial products including derivatives, macro-economics, econometrics and financial markets.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets and business principles.
- Financial engineering skills and experience in building credit or market models. Knowledge of VBA is necessary.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) are essential. Ability to articulate complex ideas in a clear manner.
- Ability to make decisions quickly is a wide range of field: risk management, technical and governance related.
- Self-starter, who can think proactively. Demonstrate the ability to learn abstract concepts and to operate effectively against uncertainty and on unfamiliar ground.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with a various range of stakeholders including technical and non-technical staff.
- Able to interact effectively with senior management within Risk and the business.
Closing dates for applications: 16th October 2019