EDUCATION / ATTRIBUTES
- Core Administration: Trade ticket generation, oversight of trade matching and settlement, cash management, corporate actions, proxy voting, withholding tax reclaims and investment guideline compliance.
- Fund Monitoring: Maintaining internal records for client values and performance, including internal monitoring spreadsheet. Check against Fund Administrator records on a monthly basis.
- Investment Administration Management: Investigate issues associated with investing in new markets, monitoring of Custodians and Fund Administrators, ensuring operating procedures and service levels are up to date. Remain aware of regulations and changes impacting the business.
- Investment Management Reporting: Working with Investment Managers to develop new reports / modify existing reports.
- Client Reporting: Producing routine client reports covering investment analytics and stock / portfolio performance. Produce quarterly marketing and client books, support newsletter preparation, provide consultant database information and other ad hoc client requests.
- Cover Dealer: Support the Dealer in various tasks such as daily TCA and broker selection. Act as primary desk cover when required.
- Participate in projects sponsored by various business groups, including developing reports to assist in monitoring of broker commissions, disclosure rules, compliance monitoring, risk management and other ad hoc arrangements.
EDUCATION / ATTRIBUTES
- Graduate with a reasonable degree pass
- Exposure and working knowledge of investment operational tasks
- Likely successful candidates must demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail, as these are key attributes of the role
- Knowledge of accounting, financial ratios and performance measurement preferred
- Highly numerate
- Adaptability and ability to work to work well in a compact & driven team
- Prepared to undertake a wide variety of tasks as a member of a team
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, with ability to manage multiple tasks within deadlines
- Microsoft Excel to Macro / VBA level preferred
- Exposure to working with programming languages desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access is not essential, but would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Factset as well as other data vendors is not essential, but would be an advantage
- Work towards IOC qualification
- Starting allocation of four weeks' holidays (pro rata)
- Private Medical, travel and 'Death In Service' insurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Full training will be provided, as necessary
- Ability to invest in Kiltearn's investment program
- Twice annual discretionary bonus scheme (May & October)
- Annual review of Salary (March)