- Role: Contract Manager - REF 17654
- Contracting Authority: Central Government
- Contract Length: Until 04/01/2020
- Location: Glasgow
- IR35: In Scope
- Pay Rate to Candidate: £500 per day
- Security Clearance: SC
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieving and reporting on savings and efficiencies achieved with costs including spend, scrappage, usage and inventory levels
- Executing end to end procurement processes, including data collection, document preparation, negotiation, contract award, contract management and supplier relationship management; Managing communication with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Communicating priorities and business plans to internal and external stakeholders whilst ensuring that all programmes and projects deliver to time, cost and quality requirements
- Developing and motivating staff; Setting standards and values for the team, ensuring effective communications with staff are in place
- Defining, analysing and interpreting financial data confidently.
- Supporting teams to create innovative procurement and commercial strategies that will deliver value for money on Infrastructure programmes and projects.
- Building trusted relationships with new and incumbent suppliers such that a "trust with consequences" approach to contract management can be operated.
- Monitoring and managing performance of suppliers against contract performance indicators.
- Supporting implementation of contract transition and mobilisation activities
- Shaping and leading commercial negotiations with both new and incumbent suppliers through to a pre-defined acceptable conclusion.
- Giving strategic advice and support to contracts in procurement, contract exits and during contract reviews.
- Resolving high-value commercial and legal disputes with suppliers.
- Development of current and future commercial resource, including self, into an agile and appropriately skilled workforce.
- Identifying and delivering improvements to existing contractual arrangements and informing on lessons learnt for new procurements
- Planning work around a published Forward Work Plan, alongside allocated funding and resource
- Designing, shaping and agreeing commercial strategies from a lead role in a complex organisation.
- Negotiation skills, leadership, strong capabilities in building trusted relationships.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/87932924