Finance Programme Manager
As Programme Manager you will be responsible for structuring the programme, identifying phases of project activity; identifying dependencies on other functions; establishing an effective programme governance structure, overseeing the delivery of the programme, providing programme reports and stakeholder communications. Leading this programme will require strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders across the business.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels to identify, analyse and document project requirements and structure work accordingly
- Engagement with business representatives and Technology on systems implementation initiatives to facilitate scoping, prioritisation, benefits identification and tracking, and business / operational readiness
- Identifying and managing dependencies on other functions
- Establishing an effective programme governance structure,
- Liaison with project managers and other departments to coordinate activities and resolve issues on cross divisional projects
- Oversee the delivery of the programme.
- Ensure that programme risks, issues and actions are managed and escalated where appropriate
- Provision of timely, clear and accurate reporting for key stakeholders and interested parties
- Track record in delivering large transformation programmes in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Strong project management skills as demonstrated by ability to deliver projects to time, quality and cost constraints and ability to influence decisions and outcomes
- Strong business analysis and problem-solving skills within a financial services environment as demonstrated through proactive identification of issues and definition of solutions or requirements
- Experience of finance reporting lifecycle and managing finance transformation programmes
- Ability to challenge and question key stakeholders
- Ability to deal successfully with ambiguity and draw out the issues to be addressed
- Proactively drives their own workload and manages their own time
- Ability to act as a business advocate with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, can-do attitude with a strong focus on delivery.
- Experience of working in Financial Services
- Accountancy qualification
- Experience of technology change initiatives and agile and waterfall project management practises
- Technical expertise; competency with Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word and MS Project
- A project management certification, such as Prince 2 or PMP