A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Product Owner based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) harnesses intelligence, analytics, technology, investigation, information sharing, and public-private partnership to achieve this end, always seeking the most effective and efficient means. The Systems Delivery team ensures that essential systems and data are available to enable FCTM to conduct effective and efficient investigations and analytics.
The Product Owner will be part of a team responsible for building and delivering a strategic network analytics capability for firm to support a wide range of investigations, analytics and detection requirements to Financial Crime Risk and potentially beyond. They role holder would maintain close and productive working relationships with the IT development team; FCTM analysts & investigators; risk stewards and stakeholders from Fraud, AML/CTF, Sanctions etc; stakeholders from lines of business and skilled relationship management with both internal system owners and external data vendors.
The Product Owner will be required to work comfortably within a fluid and developing framework. The role holder will be subject to sensitive, and therefore risky, information and must exercise sound judgement in protecting it and must adhere to all relevant rules and regulations. They will be the key driver of broader and enhanced data feeding an industry-first intelligence system reliant on robust, global data. The role holder will be required to effectively prioritise data analysis, acquisition and integration tasks to ensure business requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner and are fit for purpose. They would demonstrate considerable entrepreneurial spirit to obtain the necessary knowledge and identify and realise opportunities.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Experience as a business analyst in a financial service setting (Desirable).
- Understanding of entity resolution, network analytics and data analysis techniques (Desirable).
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data efficiently, draw conclusions on what the data means and actions required.
- Ability to maintain control, direction and motivation in an ever-changing environment.
- Numerate. Strong MS Excel skills. Experience in using data manipulation/mining languages such as SAS or SQL strongly desired.
- Proven ability to develop subject matter expertise in complex areas.
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills.
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial and autonomous.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Resourceful - ability to leverage resources available to achieve goals.
- An interest in business and current affairs, including financial crime.
- Experience with ‘Big Data’ technologies (Desirable).
- Experience/knowledge of financial crime, reputational risk and wholesale banking (Desirable).
Closing dates for applications: 15th October 2019