Digital UX/Visual Designer
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Digital UX/Visual Designer based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) strategy has a stated objective to make firm an upper quartile / decile provider of digital services to RBWM customers. The Digital UX/Visual Designer will be responsible to support UX/UI design activity to create ‘Best In Class’ experiences for the Public Websites, Internet Banking, Share dealing and Mobile (including future channels/devices). They would undertake all aspects of design activity from concept to customer testing to produce UCD (User Centred Design) deliverables (including initial sketches, wireframes, clickable prototypes) in line with Global and Regional Digital orderbook and in conjunction with other Digital teams.
The Digital UX/Visual Designer will interact with multiple RBWM teams at Global, Regional and Country level in order to ensure the most rapid and efficient development of digital requirements and readiness of the business to adopt. The role holder will work closely with the digital design leadership on digitally led and non-digitally led projects to deliver investment of across the in-scope markets. They would provide SME support in all aspects of UCD across the Analysis and Design functions.
The Digital UX/Visual Designer will be accountable to implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The role holder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Strong understanding of Digital business, while experience with travel, lifestyle, and/or other consumer product development is a strong advantage.
- Possess a blend of business and technical savvy; ability to drive strategy into action
- An entrepreneurial drive, with the ability to deconstruct and solve problems, to investigate drivers and figure out why things happen.
- Strong commercial focus, ability to balance risks vs. rewards and maximize cost effectiveness and profitability for the business.
- Pragmatic decision-making skills, with the ability to make clear judgments and understand the implications.
- Experienced in User Centred Design methodology and its practical implementation.
- Skilled in the use of prototyping tools, flash and rich media.
- Experience of working with and managing agencies particularly usability testing.
- Understanding of user research and user testing methods and translate the research findings into design solutions.
- Experience of reviewing existing digital solutions and provide expert user experience analysis.
- Understanding of layout and typography and meticulous attention to design detail.
- Working knowledge of native UI design.
- Experienced working in an agile/scrum development project environment (UX).
Closing dates for applications 14th October 2019