- Finance Manager
- FTSE 250 Commercial business
- 6 month Fixed Term Contract
- Central London
We are recruiting for a Finance Manager to work for a fast growth, blue-chip, FTSE 250 business on a 6 month fixed term contract. Reporting into the Head of Finance, this role will be supporting the business during a period of transition, they have recently made several internal promotions at management level resulting in a restructure of the team. The business is currently undergoing a period of transformation, you will be joining at a time where you will play a key role in ensuring the business is working in line with their new strategic goals.
You will manage one direct report and will work closely with various members of the senior management team as well as working as the main point of contact for auditors. You will take responsibility for the production of the group subsidiary financial statements, half year reporting and supporting with a variety of projects including supporting with any new corporate transactions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Management of one newly qualified accountant including ongoing development and appraisals
- Production of the group financial statements for a number of subsidiaries within the group, reporting under IFRS
- Be the technical accounting 'go-to' person for the senior management, supporting and advising on key strategic decisions, including new corporate transactions
- Management of the group reporting timetable, ensuring all deadlines are adhered to and external reporting is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Working on a variety of projects including taking the lead on improvements to the technical accounting processes, to be subsequently rolled out globally
- Management of the half year reporting including acting as a key point of contact for senior management for the half year results
- Supporting with the group consolidations including consolidation of the cash flow
To be considered you must be an ACA/CA Qualified Accountant who has qualified from a Top 10 Practice and has proven experience working at Manager level within practice or has gained 2-3 years+ post qualified experience in industry. You must good working knowledge of IFRS and have proven leadership skills. The successful candidate will have examples of where you have implemented and improved internal policies and influenced and challenged senior stakeholders. Your ability to build relationships with stakeholders across the business is key, strong attention to detail is also key to the success of this role,
In return for your hard work, you will be working alongside an impressive, high achieving senior management team and will be rewarded with excellent benefits including a retention bonus and the opportunity to work in a forward-thinking business that offers flexi-hours.