Product Design Engineer

Recruiter
TALACQ Group
Location
Portsmouth, UK
Salary
Competitive
Posted
13 Sep 2019
Closes
26 Sep 2019
Ref
1247843519
Sector
Engineering
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time
Product Design Engineer - Hampshire - Up to £38,000 + Benefits - Ref 038

I am currently recruiting for a Product Design Engineer to work for a specialist engineering organisation based in Hampshire. Salary up to £38,000 + Benefits.

The organisation has been in operation for a number of years and are seen as the industry leaders for the products that they design and manufacture. Having grown from strength to strength they were turning over 1 million 7 years ago with 11 staff and now turnover in excess of 12 million with over 40 employees. To support further growth they are now diversifying into new markets which is leading to a further increase in headcount.

To support the new product lines they have the need to appoint another Product Design Engineer on a permanent basis to work within their highly regarded R&D department.

In this role as a Product Design Engineer it will be a full life cycle role and you will be taking designs through from concept to manufacture. As a result, you should be good at concept generation and be able to come up with innovative ideas for their future products. It will be predominately a NPD role with 95% of you time spent on this with the other 5% of your time being spent on supporting some of their more legacy based product lines. The products my client designs and manufactures are customer facing so you must be able to focus on a products functionality as well as having a good appreciation for the ergonomics and aesthetics.

Essential Requirements:

- 3D CAD (Ideally Solidworks)

- Sheet Metal / Fabrication

Desirable Requirements:

- Experience with Motors or Motorised products

- Plastic Injection Moulding

- Experience designing consumer centric products

This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company at a very exciting time where they are venturing into completely new markets with a new and very exciting product offering. They have very ambitious but realistic growth plans over the coming years so opportunities to further develop and progress your career will be readily available.

This is an immediate requirement so if you have the right skills and experience then please get in touch ASAP with an up to date CV.

Similar jobs

Similar jobs